June 1st marks the beginning of Hurricane Season.
Make sure your construction site and properties are prepared for the summer storms. It’s important to have a plan. Here are some suggestions:
- Have a portable battery operated weather band radio with extra batteries onsite.
- Develop a list of emergency contacts for project contacts and subcontractors.
- Secure or remove Job Site Signage
- Clean up debris and tie up loose objects i.e. plywood, lumber and building supplies.
- Secure Portable toilets
- Empty dumpsters or securely cover them so that debris cannot become windblown.
- Make sure Stormwater BMPs will not cause flooding issues, and that BMPs are in place to meet adequate standards.
- Protect all project documents and backup computer files.
- Turn off utilities